What this blog is about

This is where Steve and Chris (feveredSteve and ChessQueen) will share the ups and downs of 2011's fun project: building a teardrop trailer.
We'll try and include all the detail we can, along with photos, so that you will know what worked and what didn't.

Monday 8 August 2016

Revamp update #1: The interior

As I said in the previous post, I had just used plain plywood for the cupboard doors. They are hinged in the middle so that they don't interfere with the lights or invade the bedroom space too mich when opened. Here's a picture of the "before" state.
 I'd got 4 matching picture frames that were just right for the cupboard doors. They were exactly the right height and just a couple of inches too wide so were easily cut down to fit.
 I covered the panels with some old Liberty wallpaper which gives it a quite luxurious feel. You can see one of the lampshades I've added - they were a charity shop buy. They are the "half shade" type that are only fronts, and are finished in a kind of cream damask fabric. They are upside down at the moment, so I need to modify the wire clips so that I can attach them more securely.
 Finally we added some curtains, rather than the roll-up blinds that were there before.